Things are not always what they look like, and sometimes they can be dirtier than you can imagine – literally, not figuratively. This is why, in this article, we will talk about the dirtiest spots in the house, according to experts in professional cleaning services. Most certainly, some of the places mentioned below will surprise you, as you wouldn’t have expected them to make the list. However, you have to keep them in mind the next time you think that, if it… looks clean, then it must be clean too – most of the time, this is not the case.
The list below was compiled by highly-trained experts in professional cleaning services from Home & Business Services. HBSOnTime.com, in short, is a family-owned local company, operating in the Greater Fredericksburg Area, VA since 2013. They offer residential, commercial, air ducts, carpets, and windows cleaning, as well as handyman services, home maintenance, and turnkey services. They carry out their activity within a 50-mile radius, including the counties of Culpeper, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George, Louisa, and Orange.
Without further ado, here are their top dirty places inside every home:
- Knobs, handles, and switches. As you can already imagine, knobs, handles, and switches are some of the dirtiest spots in the house since they are touched so many times a day. Experts in professional cleaning services include bathroom light switches, refrigerator handles, stove knobs, and microwave handles among the dirtiest items in the house, and recommend disinfecting wipes for DIY cleaning;
- Makeup bag. The nooks, crannies, and bristles of makeup applicators are prone to germs, especially if you carry the bag outside your home. Professional cleaning services employees warn that these germs can cause skin and eye infections, therefore makeup products must be cleaned regularly and stored in clean and dry places, at room temperature;
- Laundry. If left in the machine, even for a short period, wet laundry can cause germs to flourish, say experts in professional cleaning services. Therefore, clean clothes must be transferred to the dryer immediately, or ran through a second cycle otherwise;
- Pets. Even though they are cute and irresistible, pets can bring lots of germs and bacteria in your house, especially if they go outside. Their beds and bowls must also be cleaned regularly, to prevent any unwanted visitors in your house;
- Personal items. Last but not least, personal items such as cell phones, keys, wallets, money, lunch boxes, and the bottom of purses are also prone to germs and bacteria since they are touched on a daily basis, and rarely cleaned. Your shoes, gym bag, and headphones are also included in this category.
Of course, we didn’t even mention the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and home office since it goes without saying that they must be thoroughly cleaned regularly. If you don’t want to DIY, you can always opt for Home & Business Services to help you with their state-of-the-art professional cleaning services, quickly and at a fair price.